Study: 60% of Cannabis Users Report They Would Get High with a Grandparent — Azuca Examines Consumption Habits in “Americans and Cannabis” Survey — PLUS: 53% of Consumers Prefer Edibles Over Vaping or Smoking
NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2021 /PRNewswire/ — Would you consume cannabis with a grandparent? According to 60% of cannabis users the answer is yes. Today, leading cannabis edibles company Azuca released the results of its ‘Americans and Cannabis Consumption Survey’ which examines consumers’ behaviors and habits surrounding cannabis use as legalization is increasing across the country. From consuming cannabis at work to the future of pain management, the survey asks important questions as federal legalization nears, while also uncovering which form of cannabis consumers are looking for.
The survey revealed that of those who consume cannabis, over half reach for edibles, like gummies or baked goods, over smoking and vaping. Additionally, 53% of respondents say that through the pandemic they have increased their consumption of edibles. They also found that over half (54%) wish the effects of their edibles kicked in faster, while nearly two thirds (62%) of respondents prefer edibles with little or no cannabis taste.
“The ‘Americans and Cannabis Consumption Survey’ confirmed what our team at Azuca has believed for years: edibles are the future of the cannabis industry,” said Kim Sanchez Rael, President & CEO of Azuca. “The survey also reveals there is still a need to educate Americans about cannabis. While consumer demand is growing exponentially, now is the time to bring sophisticated and approachable products to market that people can trust.”
Among the survey’s key findings:
- Cannabis Understanding: More than two thirds (70%) of Americans know the difference between THC and CBD. Additionally, nearly one-half (45%) know what microdosing is and how to do it.
- Cannabis Wellness: Overall, 58% of Americans believe cannabis is the future of pain management. For cannabis users, 64% report they consume for relaxation; 40% say for pain management, 43% say for sleep aid, 37% say for health and wellness and 39% say for recreation.
- Cannabis Consumption Habits: While adult-use cannabis is now legal in over 18 states, the survey reveals that half of Americans report they have never consumed cannabis. For Americans who report they consume cannabis, 28% say they do so daily, 15% say monthly, 18% say weekly and 39% say a few times a year.
- Cannabis Consumption Preferences: Over half of cannabis users (52%) say they prefer to consume cannabis in the form of a gummy, 39% say they prefer smoking while 30% say they prefer chocolate or another type of food. Meanwhile, about 22% say they prefer a vaporizer, 17% prefer beverages and 13% prefer to use a topical.
- Cannabis Stances: Nearly one third of reported cannabis users say it’s acceptable to use cannabis products during work hours, and more than half (60%) say they would still purchase products at a dispensary even if it was more expensive than the black market.
This survey was conducted online using Survey Monkey among a national sample of 1,089 people spanning across U.S. geographic regions and income levels. Over half the respondents identified as cannabis consumers. The survey sample was weighted to reflect the gender distribution and the age distribution across the 18-60+ age brackets in the U.S.
Azuca is a privately held, investor-backed company that serves the global cannabis industry with best-in-class, fast-onset edible delivery systems. Azuca’s products are chef-created and powered by its patent pending AZUCA TiME INFUSION™ process which encapsulates individual cannabinoid molecules, making them “water friendly,” for a predictable and controllable experience every time. AZUCA TiME INFUSION™ is also available in dozens of SKU’s, including the Wana Quick gummies line. Azuca’s branded and co-branded THC products are available in select dispensaries across the US and Canada. Learn more about Azuca on AZUCATiME.com and Follow Azuca on Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Contact: Raquel Hochroth
[email protected] / 914.374.1213
Study: 60% of Cannabis Users Report They Would Get High with a Grandparent
About Cannin: Your Cannabis Stocks Resource
78% of Cannin’s fundamentals prove true within 30 days or less on 100+ recommendations over the past 2 years.
Cannin is your #1 trusted resource for cannabis stocks. Our global team of experts evaluates all emerging cannabis stock investing opportunities. We aggregate hundreds of hours of financial research and provide tips on the best cannabis stocks for 2021.
Use Cannin as your resource for:
Market analysts expect the marijuana and hemp industry will have an annual value exceeding $75 Billion in the next decade. Is it too late to invest in marijuana stocks? No! This is the perfect time to invest.
Are you looking to buy stock in hemp companies or marijuana companies for 2021? Interested in new penny hemp stock companies? Looking for the best Canadian cannabis stocks to invest in? Looking to leverage the power of algorithmic stock trading to beat the cannabis market? We can help.
Predict price movements of cannabis stocks several hours in advance with our proprietary algorithmic stock trading software.
- +30% Gains in 2020
- +49.8% Gains in 2019
- Backtested since 2012
We’re so confident you’ll love our algotrading cannabis stock signals, we’re willing to give you a one-month risk-free trial to see it for yourself.
Profit from the best cannabis stocks – we’ll show you how at cannin.com.