Medical Marijuana Market Value to Soar to $76 Billion by 2031
According to a recent study by Persistence Market Research, the global medical marijuana market is expected to witness high growth at a CAGR of around 14.8% and reach a valuation of US$ 76.5 Bn by 2031.
Medical marijuana is derived from the Cannabis sativa plant. The three major active compounds of the plant are tetrahydrocannabinol, cannabidiol, and cannabinol. Medical marijuana has various applications in the healthcare and therapeutic field, including treatment or managing pain, treating nausea, muscle spasms, managing anxiety, multiple sclerosis, low appetite, sleep problems, and many others.
Other factors driving demand for medical marijuana include ability to manage or treat insomnia and epilepsy. According to healthcare specialists, medical marijuana is an effective option to manage sleep-related problems because it restores a person’s natural sleep cycle that changes due to today’s modern lifestyle.
Medical marijuana is also known for its strong anti-inflammatory properties. It can treat inflammation from arthritis as well as degenerative changes in the lumbar, cervical or thoracic spine. Many patients use marijuana to treat their pain caused due to inflammation.
Request for sample copy of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/samples/13897
Pharmaceutical companies are focused on getting approvals from different government authorities for the use of medical marijuana for treatment purposes.
- In September 2019, GW Pharmaceuticals received approval from European the Commission for EPIDYOLEX® (cannabidiol) for the treatment of seizures in patients with two rare, severe forms of childhood-onset epilepsy.
- In October 2021, Canopy Growth Corporation announced a plan to acquire Wana Entity, which is a leading cannabis edibles brand in North America.
- In August 2020, MedReleaf Corp. and BioPharma Services Inc. announced their agreement to conduct clinical research for cannabis and cannabis-derived products.
Key Takeaways from Market Study
- The extract form of marijuana is widely used in a wide range of applications in the therapeutic field as compared to dried flowers.
- The pain management segment enjoys a high market share of 48.8%, indicating high demand for medical marijuana in pain management procedures.
- 77.6% market share in the distribution channel segment is held by retail pharmacies, because the market is closely regulated by government authorities.
- The North America market is set to grow 5X by 2031.
Get customized report as per requirement: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/request-customization/13897
“Increasing prevalence of chronic pain and epilepsy and legalization of medical marijuana in developing countries are major factors driving demand,” says a Persistence Market Research analyst.
Who is Winning?
Leading medical marijuana manufacturers are constantly working toward expanding their product portfolios and market presence through key strategies such as product approvals and distribution and collaboration agreements.
- GW Pharmaceuticals received approval from Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) for EPIDYOLEX® (cannabidiol) for the treatment epilepsy (2020). The FDA approved EPIDIOLEX® (cannabidiol) oral solution to treat seizures associated with tuberous sclerosis complex.
- Tilray signed a distribution agreement with great north distributors for adult-use cannabis sales across Canada.
Get full access of report: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com/checkout/13897
Want More Insights?
Persistence Market Research brings a comprehensive research report on forecasted revenue growth at global, regional, and country levels, and provides an analysis of the latest industry trends in each of the sub-segments from 2016 to 2031. The global medical marijuana market is segmented in detail to cover every aspect of the market and present a complete market intelligence approach to the reader.
The study provides compelling insights into the medical marijuana market. The market is segmented into four parts based on product (dried flowers and extract form), application (pain management, seizure, and others), distribution channel (retail pharmacies and e-Commerce), and seven major regions.
About Persistence Market Research:
Persistence Market Research (PMR), as a 3rd-party research organization, does operate through an exclusive amalgamation of market research and data analytics for helping businesses ride high, irrespective of the turbulence faced on the account of financial/natural crunches.
Persistence Market Research is always way ahead of its time. In other words, it tables market solutions by stepping into the companies’/clients’ shoes much before they themselves have a sneak pick into the market. The pro-active approach followed by experts at Persistence Market Research helps companies/clients lay their hands on techno-commercial insights beforehand, so that the subsequent course of action could be simplified on their part.
Persistence Market Research
U.S. Sales Office:
305 Broadway, 7th Floor
New York City, NY 10007
USA – Canada Toll-Free: 800-961-0353
Email: [email protected]
Visit Our Website: https://www.persistencemarketresearch.com
SOURCE Persistence Market Research Pvt. Ltd.
Medical Marijuana Market Value to Soar to $76 Billion by 2031
About Cannin.com: Your Marijuana Stocks Resource
Cannin is your #1 resource for marijuana stocks. Our global team of experts evaluates all emerging marijuana stock investing opportunities. We aggregate hundreds of hours of research and provide tips on the best marijuana stock investments for 2021.
Use Cannin as your resource for:
Is it too late to invest in marijuana stocks? No! This is the perfect time to invest.
Many market analysts expect the legal marijuana industry will have an annual value exceeding $75 Billion in the next decade. The time to invest in marijuana stocks is now.
Are you looking to buy stock in marijuana companies for 2021? Interested in emerging penny marijuana stocks? Looking for the best Canadian marijuana stocks to invest in? We can help.
Predict price movements of marijuana stocks several hours in advance with our proprietary algorithmic stock trading software.
- +34% Gains in 2022
- +56% Gains in 2021
- +30% Gains in 2020
- +49.8% Gains in 2019
- Backtested since 2012
We’re so confident you’ll love our algotrading marijuana stock signals, we’re willing to give you a one-month risk-free trial to see it for yourself.
Profit from the best marijuana stocks – we’ll show you how at cannin.com.