High Tide Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results Featuring a 99% Increase in Revenue and Sixth Consecutive Quarter of Positive Adjusted EBITDA — CALGARY, AB, Sept. 14, 2021 /PRNewswire/ – High Tide Inc. (“High Tide” or the “Company“) (NASDAQ: HITI) (TSXV: HITI) (FSE: 2LYA), a retail-focused cannabis corporation enhanced by the manufacturing and distribution of consumption accessories, filed its financial results for the third fiscal quarter of 2021 ending July 31, 2021, the highlights of which are included in this news release.
The full set of Condensed Interim Consolidated Financial Statements and Management’s Discussion and Analysis can be viewed by visiting High Tide’s website at www.hightideinc.com, its profile page on SEDAR at www.sedar.com, and its profile page on EDGAR at www.sec.com.
The Company will host a conference call to discuss the results at 6:00pm Eastern Time on September 14, 2021.
Third Quarter 2021 – Financial Highlights:
- Revenue increased by 99% to $48.1 million in the three months ended July 31, 2021, compared to $24.1 million in the same quarter last year. The third quarter of 2021 financial results incorporate the acquisition of META Growth Corp. (“Meta”) on November 18, 2020, Smoke Cartel, Inc. (“Smoke Cartel”) on March 24, 2021, Fab Nutrition, LLC. (“FABCBD”) on May 10, 2021, and DHC Supply LLC. (“DHC”) on July 6, 2021.
- As of today, Cabana Club membership has grown by 45% to approximately 221,127 (June 28, 2021 – 151,240) due in large part to the success of our ‘One Stop Shop’ accessories promotion.
- Gross profit increased by 75% to $16.7 million in the three months ended July 31, 2021, compared to $9.5 million in the same quarter last year.
- Gross profit margin in the three months ended July 31, 2021, was 35% compared to 40% in the same quarter last year.
- Adjusted EBITDA(1) for the three months ended July 31, 2021, was $1.5 million compared to $3.4 million for the same quarter last year. The decrease in adjusted EBITDA was primarily due to expenses related to the up listing of the Company’s stock to Nasdaq including directors’ and officers’ liability insurance premiums, Nasdaq listing fees, one-time professional fees, and additional human resources to support the integration of newly acquired companies. As a result of the up listing to Nasdaq, the Company became a non-venture issuer resulting in higher compliance requirements.
- Geographically in the three months ended July 31, 2021, $38.4 million of revenue was earned in Canada, $9.6 million in the United States and an immaterial amount internationally.
- Revenue from the United States increased to $9.6 million, compared to $5.7 million for the second quarter of 2021, representing a 69% increase sequentially.
- Segment-wise in the three months ended July 31, 2021, $46.3 million of revenue was generated by Retail, $1.8 million by Wholesale, and an immaterial amount by Corporate.
- Cash on hand as of July 31, 2021, totaled $26.6 million compared to $7.5 million as of October 31, 2020.
1 Adjusted EBITDA is a non-IFRS financial measure.
“Since our inception over a decade ago there has never been a more opportunistic time for our company’s growth. Over the past year, we have been making strategic moves to successfully advance our rising portfolio of companies. We believe we can continue to build upon this momentum and capture a sizeable share of the cannabis market globally. I’m proud of our team’s efforts this quarter which resulted in revenue increasing once again by 99 percent over last year and 18 percent sequentially, despite market disruptions due to pandemic related lockdowns and a very aggressive pricing strategy adopted by some value players. In Ontario, the largest cannabis market in Canada, due to pandemic related restrictions, our stores were closed for in-person shopping for about half of the second quarter with only click-and-collect and delivery permitted. Despite these challenges we have been able to remain EBITDA positive by increasing our revenue at a pace consistent with previous quarters,” said Raj Grover, President and Chief Executive Officer of High Tide. “This last quarter saw us continue our organic growth momentum by opening seven new retail locations across Canada with a total of 93 locations today. While the Canadian retail market remains competitive, our one stop cannabis shop concept is very well received. This is evidenced by the fact that our Cabana Club membership grew by over 69,000 during the last quarter. We are very excited to have announced earlier today our new value focussed cannabis concept that is ready to be deployed in value sensitive markets. Beyond our bricks and mortar organic growth, we doubled down on more accretive e-commerce acquisitions last quarter, in the consumption accessories and hemp-derived CBD space, with a particular focus on the U.S. market. With these acquisitions our portfolio now includes three of the top five most popular online platforms for consumption accessories in the world. I remain excited about our e-commerce pipeline and look forward to sharing more good news on the M&A front in the very near future,” added Mr. Grover.
Third Quarter 2021 – Operational Highlights:
- The Company completed the acquisition of FABCBD on May 10, 2021, and Daily High Club (“DHC”) on July 6, 2021, enhancing the Company’s e-commerce business.
- The Company announced the filing of Form 40-F with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission fulfilling a significant milestone for the NASDAQ listing.
- The Company completed a 15:1 share consolidation on May 14, 2021, and began trading on the Nasdaq on June 2, 2021, under the symbol “HITI”.
- The Company was added to three prominent ETFs: Cannabis ETF (“THCX”), AdvisorShares Pure Cannabis ETF (“YOLO”), and Horizons Marijuana Life Sciences Index ETF (“HMMJ”).
- The Company closed an oversubscribed bought deal equity financing on May 26, 2021, for gross proceeds of $23.2 million.
- The Company announced the elimination of its senior secured debt.
- The Company completed the sale of KushBar retail cannabis assets to Halo for $5.7 million.
- The Company announced its plan to acquire leading online retailer DS Distribution Inc., (“DankStop”) to continue rapid expansion into the Unites States.
- The Company announced plans to increase its presence in Saskatchewan through acquisition of a Regina retail store portfolio.
- The Company opened seven cannabis retail locations under the Canna Cabana banner: two in Ontario, four in Alberta, and one in Saskatchewan.
- The Company completed the acquisition of all the common shares of 102105699 Saskatchewan Ltd., (operating as 102 Saskatchewan) for $2.7 million.
- The Company opened four new Canna Cabana stores, three in Ontario, and one in Alberta.
- The Company completed the acquisition of 100% of DankStop for US$3.85 million.
- The Company was added to the prominent ETF: ETFMG Alternative Harvest ETF (“MJ”).
- The Company announced the elimination of all its META convertible debentures.
- The Company entered into two white label partnerships with Heritage Cannabis Holdings and Loosh Inc.
- The Company finalized and revealed the store design for its new cannabis retail value outlets, “Cannabis Chop Club”.
High Tide Reports Third Quarter 2021 Financial Results
About Cannin: Your Cannabis Stocks Resource
78% of Cannin’s fundamentals prove true within 30 days or less on 100+ recommendations over the past 2 years.
Cannin is your #1 trusted resource for cannabis stocks. Our global team of experts evaluates all emerging cannabis stock investing opportunities. We aggregate hundreds of hours of financial research and provide tips on the best cannabis stocks for 2021.
Use Cannin as your resource for:
Market analysts expect the marijuana and hemp industry will have an annual value exceeding $75 Billion in the next decade. Is it too late to invest in marijuana stocks? No! This is the perfect time to invest.
Are you looking to buy stock in hemp companies or marijuana companies for 2021? Interested in new penny hemp stock companies? Looking for the best Canadian cannabis stocks to invest in? Looking to leverage the power of algorithmic stock trading to beat the cannabis market? We can help.
Predict price movements of cannabis stocks several hours in advance with our proprietary algorithmic stock trading software.
- +30% Gains in 2020
- +49.8% Gains in 2019
- Backtested since 2012
We’re so confident you’ll love our algotrading cannabis stock signals, we’re willing to give you a one-month risk-free trial to see it for yourself.
Profit from the best cannabis stocks – we’ll show you how at cannin.com.