Vancouver based hemp producer Hempco Food and Fiber Inc. (TSX-V: HEMP) announced its strategic plan to accelerate growth and support the Canadian hemp industry.
As one of the largest hemp-based food producers in Canada, Hempco will focus on growing itself and the Canadian hemp industry. It’s five-prong strategy includes:
- Building new global markets for Canadian bulk hemp products and its consumer brands Planet Hemp Superfood and Praise Hemp (for animals). It continues to develop new sales channels, including in New Zealand, new distributor listings for Planet Hemp Superfood, and expansion of the Praise brand into over 200 retail locations across Canada.
- Bringing new product offerings to market for new consumer categories and market segments. It recently launched two new products, Super-Seeds Original and Super-Seeds Savory Onion under the Planet Hemp Superfood brand and gaining sales momentum.
- Developing tri-crop opportunities for hemp-based foods, fiber and nutraceuticals to maximize revenue for farmers, producers and processors.
- Championing Canadian hemp as a healthy ingredient for food manufacturers through marketing activities, including key trade shows, to increase visibility of Canadian hemp and its brands. At the SupplySide West, Las Vegas November, 2018, plant-based protein was a top four ingredient trends.
- Taking an active leadership role with the Canadian Hemp Trade Alliance (CHTA) to help drive the CHTA’s objectives in promoting Canadian-grown hemp and derivative products, while working closely with the government on research, regulations, and international trade efforts and missions.
CHTA is a national organization that promotes Canadian hemp and hemp products globally. Established in 2003, it represents Canada’s hemp industry. Members include farmers, processors, manufacturers, researchers, entrepreneurs and marketers. Hempco’s CEO, Diane Jang was elected to the CHTA’s Board on November 19, 2018. She will chair the newly formed, Market Development Committee.
Curious about other great cannabis companies? Sign up for Cannin Free Access and subscribe to the Cannin Chronicle. We’ll keep you informed on all things cannabis and even help you determine which cannabis companies have the highest growth potential.
HempCo press release